Total Pageviews

Friday 25 February 2011

Thames walk

Bit tardy in posting blogs lately but thought I'd mention the Strollers walk today.

We were very green, agreed to car share but regretted it. Okay, our driver C. wanted to keep up with the other driver, D.  I could have directed C. to Marlow, used to drive there regularly, OK it was 35 years ago but the M4 hasn't moved. Basically we were so scared, especially on M25 and M4. No better coming back, we will be very wary of car sharing again. I sat in back with P., but not comfortable especially as C. had removed the headrests!

I suppose I shouldn't complain, however the walk was good, I managed the steep bits. The bridges were most difficult, why climbing steps should make my legs feel so heavy and not working I'm not sure. The hilly parts were fine, only used Ventolin a couple of times.

Walk was a figure of eight, between 6 & 7 miles, starting and finishing in Marlow with lunch of smoked salmon sandwiches at  The Old Bell at Hurley. Seven of us started the walk, a couple joined us at lunch, one walked the rest of the way and his OH went home after lunch.



Views of the River Thames.



Last picture is of Temple Lock, reminded me of Teddington before all the unnecessary fences and barriers were installed.

Good day for walking, warm enough, although wore yellow Mustardland scarf, no sun but meant no sore eyes. Quite a muddy route but had walking boots on and walking stick. All in all we enjoyed the exercise, so good to be out in really fresh air, seeing signs of Spring.

All is needed now is for England to win their match against France tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment