Total Pageviews

Saturday 4 April 2020

Saturday: Day 25

Firstly, just want to reassure my few readers that Ian and I are still feeling great, we potter along, we read the papers, attempt the crossword and sudokus, Ian has been gardening, I crochet, we sleep well and long, at least eight hours.

 Just now Ian made two palm crosses, we used the leaves from a palm type tree, the stems grow over our front fence from the neighbour's garden, we used to put the fallen leaves back over the fence as the law commands, we were told not to do so.  The crosses are for tomorrow’s Palm Sunday service which will be streamed on Facebook, a tutorial was posted on the church’s FB page for those who didn’t know or had forgotten how the make the crosses. It was planned that those who wished could join the residents of the care  home opposite the church building to make crosses, it is always a riotous and jolly occasion.



Last Monday we joined the WhatsApp group for our road, well it is an avenue, in name and fact as it is tree lined, we joined in the clapping on Thursday, today it was suggested we have afternoon tea at 3pm out the front of our properties.



Garden table and chairs with hidden crochet cushions, on tray teapot with Earl Grey loose tea, Emma Bridgewater mugs, coconut slices, serviettes and cake forks. These in honour of 4 year old grandson who insists on using one when cake is served, at least in our house. All this on the driveway outside garage doors!

I’d made the cake earlier in the day, old fashioned creaming method to produce this:-



As we will not be going away for some time I have decided to use up the contents of the tiny travel bottles, we have many small size toothpaste tubes, shower gel,  hand cream which is much need as the backs of my hands are sore with all the hand washing.

Earlier in the day we had a delivery from the small local greengrocer,  the dozen eggs in brown paper bags had been removed before the photo was taken.




Even the post arrives early, I think it was around 9am, perhaps before but so much better than around 2 pm which has been the norm for some time here. 

















1 comment:

  1. How lovely, and nice that the weather was good enough to have tea outside! My Mum, my sister and I shared some sparkling wine yesterday outside my parents' house (more on my blog).
    The groceries delivery looks great, I love it that there are only two items in plastic packaging.

    ReplyDelete