Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 April 2020

Thursday: Day 44

A few pictures to illustrate how we are doing at Pixie Towers, the sunshine makes all the difference.


A rainbow on the ginger jar, we have been pulling the net curtains back, we can see the few folk in the street, the sunshine comes in. Ian made and decorated this jar at the Manor House hotel, it is near Okehampton, we used to holiday there when our offspring were in their teens.



View of our patio, Ian has been potting up dahlias, he kept them in the garage over the winter after reading up online and in books the best method, so far 22 have emerged from their wintry cocoon. He’s had a move round of pots, planted seeds, some of which are out of date by up to 10 years. My role in this, admiration. Some of the plants were intended for the church grounds, he cannot plant there, it is hoped that the teenagers may continue to do so for him.





Most exciting, a jolly postman delivered this, I never touch the post or indeed anything that comes into the house so Ian had the pleasure of unwrapping the yarn from Wool Warehouse needed to complete Daughter-in-law’s blanket, my loose tension and change of stitch meant I feared running out of yarn. I can use left overs for making knits for grandchildren, the acrylic is more practical than pure wool.

Oh, just remembered another good thing, yesterday was my first experience of using Zoom, the broadcast featured Betsan Corkhill about the therapeutic benefits of knitting. I was reminded that stress affects immune system, am still amazed that personally I feel so much better both physically and mentally whilst being confined to barracks, confirms I’m an introvert and not a people person.  I do try when I have to be with people, it is only in the last few years I’ve understood all this, but always it has been recognised that I’m happy on my own. Having said this, I’m so lucky to have Ian around, he understand me so well, we seem to have telepathy so life is good. 🦢






1 comment:

  1. I, too, am happy on my own, but every now and then I really like to be with my friends (and of course my family).
    Yes, the sun makes a difference, doesn't it!
    I loved your comment "my role in this: admiration", it made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete