Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 April 2020

Saturday: Day 32.

The texts from NHS Coronavirus keep popping into Messages on my phone, today the paper notification came from the surgery, somehow it seemed more real. More information than in the text, solved the problem of whether I should register my current situation as I have great support from Ian, he is isolating but does go into our front garden, forbidden to me according to the letter. I don’t touch the post, Ian carefully opens the letters and parcels, at first I didn’t realise what he was doing, felt miffed he’d opened May Country Living magazine. This morning our milk was delivered at 3am, Ian went downstairs, bought it in, washed all the bottles, the handle of the crate, it takes time and breaks his sleep pattern. The same cleaning with deliveries  from the greengrocer and the cheesemonger today, these are independent businesses in our local High Street, we will support them in person once this pandemic passes.



The post brought some paintings from the grandchildren, the rainbow has been put in the front window, the sheet quotes Charlie’s hand, saying “print me, colour me and pop me in your window to bring some happiness and rainbow love to the world”. #windows of happiness.


Although not as the printed outline of the cross suggests I think the circles of paint are rather artistic, reminds me of stained glass. The children were painting outside, the unpainted sheet in the foreground shows the outline for the cross.



Work continues on the crochet blanket, today I’ve ordered more 🧶, I think using trellis stitch rather than neat wave stitch has demanded more yarn, also I suspect my tension is a little loose so it is long and a bit narrow, more a blanket for a bed rather than for a sofa. Perhaps I shouldn’t crochet while playing scrabble, no wonder I lost, even by a small amount.



Wishing all the joy and peace this Easter, we will be gathering round an iPad for the live FB streaming of our church service Ss Philip & St James Whitton. As no one will be in the church building tomorrow Mrs Vicarage posted pictures of previous flora arrangements.


1 comment:

  1. The circles in the cross do indeed look like stained glass.
    You do well being so cautious, and itis good to know Ian can do all that is needed.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete