Total Pageviews

Friday 17 April 2020

Friday: Day 38

The system that was set up by the government for vulnerable people like me has worked, there is so much media criticism of the handling of the pandemic that I am pleased to announce this. From receiving the paper letter last Saturday, I registered with government Monday, on Tuesday started using Sainsbury’s online delivery webpage, a first time, apparently needed to compile a shopping list first which we did, then all day kept trying to see if a slot appeared for the next three weeks! If didn’t try within the hour had to keep logging in again, felt a bit disheartened considering all the online discussions about no slots. Woke on Wednesday morning about 7, was in the toasty warm, drifting in and out of a light doze, half asleep mode,  when suddenly recalled the previous day’s actions, half heartedly grabbed iPad  to find a choice of slots this week, with different charges according to time of day.

Woke Ian, logged on, we booked for Friday between 9 and 10 am, today the driver came a few minutes past nine, he was cheerful, understanding that it was our first time, it was appreciated he couldn’t put the deliveries on the kitchen table as I’m vulnerable. Gave me great joy that Ian isn’t worrying about provisions, possibly we may continue with deliveries after our lives return to our normal. Usually I like Waitrose for shopping, however the Sainsbury store carries so much more stock, we went for the Taste the Difference range and organic where possible. We had even managed to add to our needs yesterday evening, now we intend to keep an open list to add items as we think of them. I consider food now part of the way of being healthy, along with sitting in the sun to top up Vitamin D which until today I have been able to do.  

Pictures taken rather haphazardly of the delivery, ice cream was already in freezer, I think some other items may have been stored away, obviously I haven’t touch any of it yet. 







Thankfully we are both well, the warm sunny weather has helped our good mood, Ian has been able to garden, old outdated seeds have been scattered in case they still flower, today it has started to rain this afternoon, the water butts will fill and the watering hose stowed away. I’m awaiting Stylecraft DK yarn to complete Daughter-in-law’s blanket, meanwhile I’ve mastered the border of the Sweet Pea blanket so am concentrating on that. 







2 comments:

  1. Good to know things are working well for you, both with the shopping and gardening.
    Can you please send some rain our way - fields and gardens over here are so dry and dusty already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m finding that they seem to have ironed out some of the difficulties with online deliveries now (we’re in the Ocado priority group) and I’ve been able to book deliveries without difficulty - I now check for a slot when I turn my computer on. We’ve had a couple of deliveries arrive early as there is so little traffic the drivers are zooming around! I hope this doesn’t happen on Friday as we have the 6am slot booked...

    ReplyDelete