Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 May 2016

Chives.




Ian found the allium stem was broken, popped it into this vase, later I was cutting chives to use in a potato salad, realised quite a few were flowering so added them to their cousin to provide floral decoration to the scullery windowsill.  

Sometimes we put a vase of flowers on the kitchen table, anywhere will add colour and a smile to our lives like these daffodils in a corner of the dining room, the 1930s blue vase which belonged to my great aunt, fits the style and colour scheme of the room. 






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    The blue 1930s vase would look perfect in my living room - my cabinets/sideboards are from my grandparents, they bought them when they married in the 1930s. I love the style of that time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our dining room is also 1930s, the sideboard belonged to my parents, we matched it with the dining room table and chairs, when we bought this house we found a 1930s bookcase in the garage. The fireplace has an oak surround, the only downside is the room can be a little dark.

    ReplyDelete