Total Pageviews

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Knitting again

Just a mini posting to show you all the completed second Forest Canopy shawl using a random sock yarn so the colour pattern is rather strange! Livens up the grey sweater dress but this yarn doesn't drape as well as that used for the first shawl.



Working backwards, here's the shawl being blocked, hi tech stuff this pinning it out through a towel on carpet, but hey, it worked and the pointy bits show!



Finally, the yarn before I started to knit,

It is Aviemore 4 ply from Stylecraft Yarns, 75% superwash wool and 25% nylon bought for £6.00 for 100 grams from Squires Garden Centre. There is a little yarn over so that will be used for hexipuffs. Total is 189.

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! How long did it take you to make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. About a month, but there were days when I didn't work on it, there was time when much was undone.

    You have given me an idea that it might be interesting to record approximately how long a project takes. Would be possible on iPad to note this. Thanks for asking that. Madeleine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely,, I think the yarn is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty - don't understand all this blocking stuff. I'll have to ask Eloise, because I've got a dhurri I bought in Rajastan and it needs to be washed and reshaped. Much the same principle I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The two lace shawls are the only items I've ever blocked, before when it was ordinary garments I would press them under a damp white cloth.

    Don't think I would dare to put an iron near this lacy knitting! The blocking has stretched it and shown the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What unusual wool. So pretty. You are very clever.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite colour combination and shawls seem to be coming back into fashion. I must look at some patterns and get going...

    ReplyDelete