Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 August 2019

It is just a little thing but .....

Yes, it is a little thing but I’m feeling very jolly and happy this evening, it was a good day, Pilates class at 7.30 am, both of us had our hair cut, we took decluttering stuff to the Kingston British Heart Foundation Shop, it occupies the ground floor of what was British Home Stores.  Very humid and muggy in Kingston, it was good to come home, sit in the garden from about 6.30, complete the Metro easy and moderate sudoku and then, joy upon joys succeed with the “Difficult rating challenging” sudoku. What was unusual though was Ian had been defeated by the challenging, first time this has happened so this pupil has beaten her teacher.

Time spent puzzling out the pattern means less time for knitting, the toe up sock is well up the leg and not too far off the cuff and rib. Picture will be posted at end of blog.

Just a thought, nothing to do with anything else I’ve posted, out and about I’ve noticed lots of summer dresses this year, shirt styles and pretty floaty dresses yet many are worn with trainers, heavy clunky lace ups or ankle boots. Perhaps I’m contrasting them with the Dior dresses in the V & A exhibition with such elegant footwear and today’s practical yet clumsy looking shoes.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day to me, you had lots accomplished without it sounding too stressful.
    As for footwear with dresses, yes, it is now OK to wear trainers with dresses. I have not yet tried it, as many of my dresses are worn to the offices where trainers would not be suitable. I think it looks alright on girls and young women, but for myself, I prefer proper shoes with dresses, and wear my trainers with jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you and Librarian in regard to clunky shoes, but I've been glad this summer that it's okay. With a heavy surgical boot because of my broken foot, the most appropriate footwear for my other foot has been a sturdy walking boot, which also doesn't draw attention to the contrast. All the same, it's been hot, sometimes too hot to cope with, and I've had to revert to a sandal and a limp.

    ReplyDelete