Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 August 2019

Dog days.

Old term for August, kind of sleepy times although we seem to have been busy with medical, dental and optician appointments, all of which have yielded good news. Well Ian has to have a tooth out next week, my teeth were fine especially after a visit to the hygienist as well. Ian’s annual blood tests came back showing all was good, my visits to the Royal Brompton Hospital will become an annual event, so much better than twice a year.

Yesterday found me at Specsavers, hadn’t had an eye test for a couple of years, my two pairs of varifocal glasses are four years old, reading glasses are five years old so with a slight change to prescription new specs were chosen. I did select to have new prescription lenses put into my sunglasses, love the frames, sorry no photo of me wearing them. Today is bright sunlight and I have no sunglasses. Very complicated ‘deals’, discounts for age, for two for one, aggravated by my wish to have best quality lenses. Pleased to say my eyes are very healthy so no worries there.

Lat weekend whilst in Dorset visited The Walled Garden in Moreton, couldn’t resist photographing the sweet peas, for me the flower of the year and a reminder I must crochet the border of the sweet Pea blanket. Ian’s socks have taken priority, my first toe up pair, picture below taken whilst knitting in the garden.

Now to add photographs, also  I need to practice readings for tomorrow, Jeremiah and Hebrews, at least no unpronounceable names!





1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on good results from various medical examinations and tests! Healthy eyes are to be treasured so much; this comes from someone speaking from own experience, my eyes have always been a "problem part" of my body.
    We call this period in August also "Hundstage" (literally meaning dog days), all down to the constellation of Sirius being so prominent in the skies this time of year.

    ReplyDelete