Total Pageviews

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Ambleside shawl


When we went to HMS Wildfire parade I wore the outfit I had bought for Adam's wedding, have to admit I had forgotten the details of the dress. The jacket made for a rather formal outfit, but the dress could be worn without the jacket for a daytime event. Given the very chilly weather we are not enjoying I decided the dress needed a shawl, I had a pattern from a supplement from Knit Now from a year ago, needed to purchase the wool recommended in the pattern and the circular needles. I have quite a few pairs of Knit-Pro circulars but it is very difficult to identify the size so a decision was made to purchase a pair with the wool.

On Sunday evening I ordered purple Manos del Uruguay Silk blend and needles from Addicted2knitting, an online store in Oxfordshire, maybe online but the friendly and personal emails were a virtual chat over the counter of a shop. The luxury yarns come in old fashioned hanks so dear Ian left his revision to assist, I had forgotten how much time it takes to wind into a ball.

So, at close of play, this is my progress with this unfamiliar pattern.



The question is, can I complete it, including blocking to wear this Sunday, our wedding anniversary?


4 comments:

  1. Of course now I want to see the dress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way the yarn is showing itself as you knit. Lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hadn't planned on doing anything else this week? Then sure, of course you can!

    ReplyDelete