Total Pageviews

Monday 6 December 2010

December morn

MONDAY, DECEMBER 06, 2010


Simple Woman's Daybook: 6th December

Outside My Window ...a heavy frost. When we awoke about 6.40 it was green and brown outside; an hour later it was frosty, snowing very tiny icy flakes which have settled.

I am thinking ... that Adam will be 30 on Saturday, some how cannot believe that I have been a mother all that time. It is something that has not come naturally to me and I find very difficult even now.

I am thankful ... that Adam is not going to be deployed to Afghanistan. As ships are being decommissioned there will be enough regular RN personnel to go and do logistics rather than sending RN reserves. Good for a couple who have been married just 6 months yesterday.

Around the house ... we have had the tiles and all the surround to the fireplace removed in our front room/dining room. Yes, on one of the coldest days of the year. The surprise was how big the fireplace was once the tiles were removed, it would have taken one of those free standing stoves but it is too late to change as the new tiles have been fired. The chimney will be lined on Thursday and I'm not sure when the tiling and gas fire installation will happen.

A Picture Thought I Am Sharing ... 

I am wearing ... grey flannel wool trousers, pale blue polo neck, white quilted gilet and new  cosy slipper socks in pink, blue and white stripes. Two pairs for £7.00 in M&S, ok they are made from polyester but given my speed with sock knitting and price of pure wool they couldn't be bettered. The aim of the game is warm feet and according to Ian I have the coldest feet in Christendom.

I am creating ... still haven't completed pink jumper, but only a few more rows, cms, inches to complete.

I am going ... to Local history society tonight, subject to the weather. Health wise it is not good for me as my lungs are poor and the airways tighten up in the cold. Also worried about condition of the roads so will see nearer the time.


I am hoping ... I can somehow stop procrastinating. For example, for a few days we have had Whitton calendars to send abroad along with cards and in one case a letter. I don't know why but don't have the motivation strength of character to do it. We have the Christmas cards bought, I have listed recipients yet what has stopped me writing and sending them. I think it is because I worry my cards will not be suitable for the person concerned, or my words will not be adequate, interesting or funny enough. 

One distraction yesterday was my subscription renewal to Findmypast family history website so I was looking up family on 1911 census. Much more fun than card writing.

Another problem is sorting out, we need the study to be tidy as it can be a sitting room for us when Martha has friends here as well as being a bedroom when the futon is in use. I seem to have a blockage with clearing, chucking and putting away.

One of my favourite things ... watching the birds at the feeders. 

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ... tomorrow, quiet day and meditation at St Michael's Convent. Have been before, very good but a chilly venue; Wednesday is MOD Librarian's Christmas lunch in town when meet with colleagues from my very early twenties; Thursday is knitting group at Mrs Moon's, wonder if they have the knit-pro circular sock needles in stock.

Well things to do, including sending pictures to the fireplace shop, washing machine to empty and reload, send off the calendars and write the cards, knit and soon some lunch. 

Would like to hear from my readers, otherwise it is like talking to myself.

Take care Friends, Madeleine




Find instructions and links to other daybooks at The Simple Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment