Total Pageviews

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Monday

WednesDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2010


Simple Woman's Daybook: 24nd November

Outside My Window ... looks a bit cold and sunny.

I am thinking ... of a good day on Sunday when Juliet and Adam came over to show us their book of wedding pictures. Suspect ours will be our Christmas gift. Beautifully done, so different from mounted pictures in album, more like all those real photo books I catalogued in my last job.
From the learning rooms ... Ian is working out how to register his new Sony Vaio netbook that is his Christmas gift from me. Will be easier to take to OU tutorials than laptop.

From the kitchen ... Ian has just made me a cup of peppermint tea; must ensure he has a drink too.
I am wearing ... long grey skirt, cream blouse and red V neck jumper.

I am creating ... pink jumper still, am well on with second sleeve. For the first time I am going to block work before knitting neck on round needles.

I am going ... to Breathe Easy this afternoon, talk on stamps. Not sure whether will be interesting but one never knows. Grateful to Breathe Easy as in January will be starting Pulmonary rehab in the gym at the local cottage style hospital.

I am hoping ... we don't have snow tomorrow, our local High Street has a Christmas event with local school children involved. Last year it was torrential rain.

Around the house ... fairly tidy as Treasure sorted us out last week.

One of my favourite things ... Ian and I doing stuff together. On Monday it was ALMA, (Angola London Mozambique Association) an initiative of the former Bishop of Kensington to help the churches in Angola and Mozambique. We are reps and main thing seems to be keep the association in the minds of the congregation and some prayer. Next time I am responsible for intercessions will give them a plug.
Yesterday Ian and I went to talks given by members of the Boroughs three local history societies around the theme of changing High streets. Fascinating how each was interpreted. 

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ... Breathe Easy Group. Will try to ensure leader lets me pick her up in my car, she doesn't live far away but the journey requires two buses with poor connections, she doesn't drive and manouevres a shopping trolley full of papers. She let me give her a lift home last month so I hope I can help her again. 

A Picture Thought I Am Sharing ...

My new haircut! Have gone from almost shoulder length to very short. Had been bored with long hair, it kept getting in my eyes and as I've had two bouts of conjunctivitis in six weeks decided, in meaningful discussions with my friend S. who is a brilliant hairdresser, to have a different look.

Pictures taken by dear husband just before we went to our local history event.



Find instructions and links to other daybooks at The Simple Woman


1 comment:

  1. It really is different, I don't think I'd have recognised you! It looks really attractive.

    ReplyDelete