Total Pageviews

Friday 20 January 2012

Wow! I have won an award

Came back from a most enjoyable session at Richmond local studies, dealt with illustrations of Petersham Road, Richmond. I'd travelled by train to be near the optician to see whether my new specs were in early. They were and so the world looked sharper and brighter, even more so when I heard that Martha had phoned to tell me that I had won a blogging award. 


This is what I found about the reward:-

Liebster is German for dearest, beloved or favourite. This award is bestowed on blogs with less than 200 followers but deserve more attention.
What a great way to support fellow bloggers you admire!
Here are the rules that come with this award: 

  • Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
  • Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
  • Give your top 5 picks for the award.
  • Inform your top 5 by leaving a comment on their blog.
  • Post the award on your blog.



 So, firstly I have the great pleasure of thanking Perpetua, another librarian, for nominating me, her blog is 

Since yesterday evening I have been considering the five blogs that I will choose, frantically checking that none have over 200 followers and, in no particular order these have popped out of the woodwork.

Ray Barnes is a lady in Buckinghamshire, whose blog Daydreamer I admire for the honesty in her writings. If I met her in real life I think I would like to give her a big hug for being so open about her feelings. Today I was laughing with her about her views of adverts! http://haydonhill.blogspot.com/

There is a very serious librarian in Alaska at http://bornlibrarian.blogspot.com/ . I just love her enthusiasm and how different librarianship is in Alaska. All those teens using the library -wow.

There is no way I can leave out Z, a virtual blogger who has become a real life friend and her amazing blog Razor-blade of life. http://razorbladeoflife.blogspot.com/

I'm assuming the rules will allow me to include a blog that is complete, it is A trip abroad in 1920. It is the journal of Fannie Drummond, a widow who came to England and Europe with a group of women. Ninety years later her great great grand daughter published the journal online, fortuitously the days of the week lined up in 2010.http://fannie1920europe.blogspot.com/

Keeping to the librarian and knitting theme, Daisychains ramblings about knitting, books, gardening, history and anything else is a good read. A tenuous link here is that Daisy married her OH  on the same date as my son married. This was all before I rediscovered knitting and thus Ravelry. http://knitdaisies.blogspot.com/

Right, think I have ticked all the boxes for the award, so will post this blog. Promise I will tell you about last Monday's trip to Bath but meanwhile need to prepare supper for Martha is coming home for the weekend. I suspect some Mummiekins and Martha times.

Again, so many thanks to Perpetua for the award.

Edited to show links to links to websites, wasn't quite sure whether I should give just title to blogs but have tried my cut and paste skills.

8 comments:

  1. You're very welcome, PixieMum and I'm glad you've enjoyed choosing your 5 blogs. Unfortunately only the first two links, to Ray's blog and the one in Alaska, actually work. I do hope you will correct that when you can, so that we can visit them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much for the nomination and the compliment. I will try to earn the award and will offer my five nominations when I have had a chance to think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have tried to cut and paste web site addresses, hope this works. All part of my attempts to learn new skills.

    Learning new information about my local area is why I enjoy helping at local studies. For example I didn't know about some lovely Victorian Almshouses over looking Petersham Meadows, the pub building that replaced them many many years ago is a poor replacement from an architectural point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, PixieMum. Now off to explore.....

    I was never involved with our local studies department in the library, but a friend was and she used to tell me all sorts of interesting bits of information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, that's really appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the award! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the award - I really appreciate it, and once again I'm glad others have gotten enjoyment out of Fannie's journal. Now to decide who to pass the award on to...

    ReplyDelete