Total Pageviews

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Midweek musings from PixieMum

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook: Wednesday 12th May

Outside My Window ...cold wind, still dry but so chilly. Have just been outside to retrieve recycling boxes so house looks loved.

I am thinking ...about all manner of things - in what fascinating times we live, lunch, when I will buy my Mother-of-the-Groom hat, chores to be done, how to be disciplined with myself and more motivated. Thinks perhaps laptop is becoming a good servant but a bad master.

From the learning rooms ... does this apply? Ian is awaiting results of his OU Maths TMA; daughter is attending an eight day course as part of her solicitor's training. I attended AGM of our local history society and heard an interesting talk about riots in Teddington against Patronal festival processions about 100 years ago. Talk accompanied by good illustrations. The arguments about high versus low church still reverberate now.

I am thankful ...a political crisis has been averted and that we have a government

From the kitchen ...nothing except washing up!

I am wearing ...pale blue warm cashmere polo neck jumper and black trousers. I told you it was cold didn't I?

I am creating ...still working on the kneeler but TV and news too fascinating to allow the counting of cross stitches last night.

I am going ...to work on family history as have papers to sort out, photos to add to family tree and more research to do.

I am reading ...just newspapers at present but will start The Human Stain by Philip Roth so ready for reading group next month.

I am hoping ...that my damaged ligament is really healed and I never have such pain again.

I am hearing ...clock ticking and a plane going over the house.

Around the house ...we are having some carpets steam cleaned on Friday, especially those of very pale colour. Need to clean as our Treasure doesn't come this week.

One of my favourite things ...being home alone occasionally.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ..Ascension Day tomorrow, collecting for Christian Aid in High Street on Saturday.

Pictures I Am Sharing ...these are views from our bedroom window of the gardens we overlook. This year has been very good for blossom.

Can any one identify the blue tree in the foreground please?



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful View ! Think the blue plant could be Ceanothus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Barbara for reading my blog and for naming the blue tree. Now we can look up how to care for such a beautiful tree for it is leaning over and dear Ian has propped it up.

    ReplyDelete