Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 April 2019

Growing

I’m going to type my thoughts then hope I can add two photos at the end, both pictures will be of relevance to growth, one natural, one crafted.

Ian has been growing flowers for both our garden and for the church grounds from seeds, not easy when one doesn’t have a greenhouse or cold frame, so our porch shelves and floor have been filled with trays of begonias baby sweet peas, upstairs on a wide bay window cill are nasturtiums, phlox, campanula, more sweet peas and more begonias.  Such joy to see the minute dots of green peeping through the potting  compost. The fragile  pots apparently will dissolve away once they are planted into the flower bed - no plastic here.

So what else is growing? Crochet, the moorland blanket has grown now I’m using the easy trellis stitch and a larger hook, the photo shows the larger open stitch compared with the tight tension of the neat wave pattern, the colour sequence hasn’t changed.




,





2 comments:

  1. Every seed growing into something visible above the surface of the soil is a small miracle, isn't it!
    The colours of the moorland blanket are great, really like moorland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to grow a lot of seeds indoors, but I don't have suitable windowsills in this house, so they're all in the propagator. I love to see them grow, as Librarian says.

    ReplyDelete